French fries are something that all of us can’t get enough. There is something in this potato snack that makes us happy. The perfect French fry has to golden in color, crisp on the outside and velvety soft on the inside.
But what we don’t realize about French Fries is that they contain tons of calories because they are deep fried. So how do we make this yummy snack healthier? Well for one, let’s just skip the deep frying. The oil that we fry the potato sticks are just empty calories.
What do we need?
- Washed and peeled potatoes – 2
- Olive oil – 5-6 Tbsp.
- Salt – to taste
- Seasoning – to taste
Here’s how we make it:
- Soak the peeled potatoes in water for a while. This helps in reducing the starch and also will make the potatoes crisp while baking.
- Cut the potatoes using a French Fries cutter. If you don’t have one, you can easily cut then into long strips using a knife.
- Line a baking tray with baking sheets and grease lightly with regular oil.
- Add the potatoes to the tray and drizzle with the olive oil.
- Bake the potatoes in the oven till the tips of the strips start turning brown.
- The oven should ideally be at the temperature of 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with salt and seasoning of your choice.
Enjoy French Fries the healthy way, minus the unhealthy fats that are inevitable when we fry it.
Written by: Rasha Ashraf