Just because you are going to sweat it out, you neglect what you wear when you head to the gym. Not wearing the right outfit or shoes can even cause an injury that might affect you for the rest of your life.
Here are 8 things that you should consider in your outfit while heading out to the gym:
- Shoes-This is the most important aspect of working out at the gym. Do not use shoes that do not support your feet while working out. If there is any particular type of workout that you love doing such as running or spinning, buy shoes that are meant for this specific activity.
- Fabric of gym clothes-Cotton outfits are comfortable but when you go to the gym you will sweat it out a lot which will leave you with wet patches all over your clothes.Instead buy a few pairs of gym tracks and t-shirts that allow your skin to breath and don’t reveal sweat stains.
- Fitting of gym clothes-Do not wear too loose gym clothes as it might get stuck in the machines at the gym. But do not wear tight fitting outfits either as they do not allow you to move freely to do the exercises you need to do at the gym.
- Skin care-Some people suffer from breakouts after working out. So it very important to clean your face well before you head to the gym.Do not use makeup on your face at any cost. It will only lead to clogged pores.
- Sports Bra-Wear a sports bra that will support your bust while you do exercises. Select one that you feel comfortable in.
- Accessorize-To make yourself look great and add an interesting touch of color use accessories such as colorful wristbands or headbands or even shoes with colored bottoms.
All this dressing up for the gym might just motivate you to work out harder.