You don’t have time to whip up a healthy snack for your toddler and there you have it – the banana. Bananas are an all-time favorite healthy snack.The best part is that it comes packed with nutritional and health benefits.
Here are the top benefits of eating these wrapped miracles:
- Potassium-Bananas are high in potassium. Studies have proved that a diet consisting of bananas help in lowering blood pressure and even cut the risks of suffering from a stroke.
- Digestion-Bananas are a great source of dietary fiber that helps our food digest more effectively. So if you are suffering from a bout of constipation grab a banana and you’re ready to head to the bathroom.Another advantage of this miracle fruit is that it is rich in FOS that acts as a prebiotic, helping us absorb the nutrients from food more easily.
- Anti-cancerous-Recent studies have shown that over ripe bananas help in fighting cancer. The dots found on the skin of an overripe banana is a sign of the compound cytokine that helps in fighting cancerous cells in the body and also increase your immunity by producing more white cells in the body.So use that banana as weapon to fight cancer.
- Good for Ulcers-Banana is a good cure for ulcer and can even help prevent the condition. Consuming a banana helps in thickening the walls of the digestive tract and thereby protecting our stomach and intestines from powerful harmful acids.
- Hangover cure-Bananas are great to get you back in shape after a long night of drinking. You can either eat them or consume them in the form of smoothies to get over that hangover.
- Improves mood and reduces stress-Bananas are a good source of the amino acid tryptophan that when consumed changes into serotonin that are said to boost your mood and make you feel happy. Eat bananas to bust that stress.
- Skin and hair treatment-Bananas are great to nourish your skin and hair if applied externally. There is nothing that a bit of banana paste cannot cure, from warts to acne.You can even apply mashed banana directly to your skin and hair as a pack to give it that added moisture and sheen.
- Good source of Vitamin B6-Vitamin B6 is essential for the creation of hemoglobin in the blood. This essential vitamin is also responsible for regulating blood sugar levels and also helps in breaking down amino acids, also making your immune system stronger.It is said that if you consume one banana, you get one-fifth of the daily required Vitamin B6. It beats popping artificially man made pills.
- Vitamins and Minerals-Apart from containing high levels of potassium, bananas are a source of calcium, magnesium and vitamin C. So eat bananas to enjoy multiple benefits.
- High energy food-Replace your energy bars and drinks with a banana. Opt for a banana to munch on before or in between workouts. Bananas are a great food that possesses fiber, natural sugars and potassium that provide you with enough energy to go through intense workouts.
Bananas are great for the overall health of the body, so don’t hesitate to indulge in one or two a day for some serious health benefits. You can eat is as it is or whip it together in some other interesting form like smoothies or incorporate it in breads and cakes.