We all aspire to have teeth like the ones sported by celebrities. With tons of whitening products available in the market, little do we understand how much money people actually spend to make their teeth appear whiter?Not having pearly white teeth does not mean your teeth are unhealthy, but they give the false impression to the rest of the world that you do.
To get your teeth to that glossy set of pearly whites, you can try some natural remedies before resorting to artificial whitening treatments at your local dentist’s clinic.
- Baking Soda-This is the oldest and most time tested solution to whiten those set of pearls in your mouth. Mix equal quantities of hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Dip your toothbrush in the mixture and brush as you would normally do.Just make sure you don’t apply too much baking soda on your teeth as it can erode the enamel present on your teeth.
- Strawberries-Strawberries are rich in Vitamin C that helps in breaking down the plaque that causes discoloration. They even contain malic acid that helps in the removal of stains.
- Coconut oil pulling-As crazy as it may sound, coconut oil also helps remove the stains caused by coffee and tea. Oil pulling is an ancient Ayurveda treatment wherein you swish coconut oil in your mouth within your teeth for a couple of minutes.
- Coconut is said to have anti-microbial properties that kill the microbes, plaque and bacteria present in the teeth that could be the cause of discolored teeth.
- If you don’t want to swish it in your mouth, you can simply massage the oil onto your teeth and wipe off with a cloth.
- Apple Cider Vinegar-Apple cider vinegar can give you the same effect as professional whitening treatments provided you use it regularly for at least a month. Dilute the vinegar in water and rub onto the teeth with a cloth. Be careful of using too much, as if used in excess, you can land up with teeth free of enamel.
- Lemon and orange peels-Next time you peel an orange; do not throw away its peel. You can use it to whiten your teeth. Fruit peels are rich in magnesium, manganese and potassium which help in restoring the eroded enamel of the teeth. Do not forget to rinse immediately after rubbing the peel on as they are highly acidic.
At the end of the day, you have to take care of your teeth. Along with these natural whitening methods, don’t forget to brush your teeth properly, floss and even reduce your intake of stain causing foods and drinks.