Aging is an inevitable part of our life, and every human must face it gracefully. No one, literally no one can escape from getting visible fine lines after their mid-forties or early fifties, which is natural. But experiencing signs like wrinkles, fine lines, and crow’s feet before you turn 35 are abnormal. Here let’s dive into detail about the causes and treatment of aging.
Common Causes of Premature Aging
Apart from heredity, plenty of factors can cause premature aging. Here we’ve mentioned a few-
- Exposure to Sun– Too much sun is one of the main causes of premature aging. Exposure to ultraviolet (UV) radiation penetrates your skin and damages elastin which leads to premature aging. But the good part is that premature aging due to UV rays is preventable.
- Smoking- Smoking not only affects your organs but also causes premature aging. Chemicals like Nicotine and other toxic chemicals in cigarettes, contribute to dryness, wrinkles, and premature aging.
- Genes– Your DNA plays a major role in There are many rare genetic conditions that cause wrinkles, gray hair, and balding between 13 and 30 years of age.
- Diet and Sleep Habits– Eating too much high sugar and carbohydrates can act as an aging accelerator. Sleep is like a charge to your physical and mental health. An unhealthy sleep pattern can trigger the sleeping process. Research says that a lack of single night sleep can make older adults’ cells age quicker.
- Stress- Stressful lifestyle can speed up the aging process. Stress causes proteins in your skin to lose elasticity, which causes wrinkles. Cortisol is the most common stress hormone that breaks down the collagen in your skin.
Prevention of Premature Aging
Here is how you can prevent your aging process-
Use sunscreen- It is mandatory to use sunscreen every day! Regular usage of sunscreen prevents you from aging. Prefer broad-spectrum sunscreen, SPF 30 or higher, and water-resistant.
Moisturize– Moisturizer maintains your skin’s moisture and protects it from environmental damage. Whatever your skin type, a moisturizer is necessary. Moisturizer prevents you from aging by trapping moisture and preventing water from escaping.
Facial Expressions– This might be funny, but it’s true! Repetitive facial expressions and movements can break down your collagen, leading to wrinkles and fine lines. Squinting is the main example of repetitive facial expression. So next time while stepping out, make sure you wear coolers and sunscreen.
Do follow the above-mentioned to age gracefully.