Sleep is an integral part of our health.Our body does not function as efficiently as it should if we do not get the adequate sleep that it requires. Do not cut down on your sleep. Cutting down on the hours you sleep will only reduce the quality of your life.
Here are some reasons that support the cause of getting a good night rest:
- Improves concentration-Brain needs its rest after working so hard all the time. So sleep well to get your brain to think well for you and improve your attention.
- Improves physical or athletic performance-Research has proved that athletes and other people who need to use a lot of physical energy perform better on a good night’s rest.
- Improves relationships-We can never give our best to our relationships when we are stressed and suffering from lack of sleep.
- Better performance-Proper sleep gives your body the rest that it needs to revive itself. Your performance at work or even for studying improves greatly if you give your brain the rest that it deserves.
- Develops creativity and even provides solutions to problems-When you sleep, you brain connects with other areas of your brain and comes up with interesting solutions. This may come from the fact that you dream and your brain connects with the tasks to be done at hand with the other information that it finds in your brain.
- Helps figure out what works and what doesn’t-Sometimes we just do our work mechanically. We fail to figure out why sometimes we fail to succeed at certain tasks. At times all our brain needs is a little rest and space to understand what is really happening.
I’m sure that you have more than enough reasons now to get that rest that your body might be craving for so badly.