The nation has been hit with the flu. There are so many flu’s to be scared of this flu season. Swine flu, Ebola, bird flu etc… are some of the few viruses that are affecting our health this season.
With the rise in the number of cases of flu, there has been widespread panic about getting the flu. You should keep your family safe and help prevent it from spreading.
Here are some precautions or must-do’s to keep the flue at bay:
- You must wash your hands at all times. Our hands are the dirtiest part of our body. They touch everywhere. They touch all the germs and bacteria that are lying around.
- To really get rid of the pathogens that are causing the flu, scrub your hands with anti-bacterial hand wash for a couple of minutes.
- It will also help to keep the hands away from your face, especially near the mouth and eyes to help prevent infections. If water and soap is not available, keep a hand sanitizer handy at all times.
- It is better to be safe than sorry. Of course these flu vaccines do not give you 100% immunity from the flu. That is a 50% chance that you might get the flu even after getting the flu shot.
- Flu shots can be a lifesaver, especially for those who have a weaker immune system and those who are chronically ill.
- Contact your doctor on which flu shot you should be getting and when you should be taking it.
Sleep it out
Your body does not function properly on lack of sleep. As a matter of fact, lack of sleep even affects your immune system. So if you are feeling feverish or tired, take a day off and catch up on some sleep. The rest will make you feel much better and will make the vaccines and flu medications more effective.
- Certain immune boosting multi-vitamins are essential to keep the flu at bay. Vitamin C and zinc top the list of vitamins to keep the body healthy and fight against all the diseases.
- So if you have often been badgered by your mom to have more oranges when you’re down with a cold, her advice was good. The cold is said to disappear faster by consuming Vitamin C and zinc.
Keep your personal space
If you are sick, make sure you do not come in contact with others and spread the infection. And the same way when others get sick, do not hesitate to keep away from them till they recover.
Bring down the fever
If you are running a temperature then please take the necessary steps to bring the temperature down to a normal body temperature. It is essential to bring the temperature down to prevent the spread of the disease.
So follow these must-dos in the flu season to keep yourself safe from the undesirable pathogens lying around.
Written by: Rasha Ashraf