How often have we moved away from someone at work because you felt that their mouth was stinking? Bad breath is an embarrassing situation, especially when you find out then people have been keeping away from you for this reason.
Here some of the most common reasons for bad breath:
Morning bad breath
- When we sleep at night, our salivary glands also go into a partial sleep mode. They work really slowly.
- The saliva in our mouth actually helps to keep all the bacteria at bay. So when we wake up in the morning with a dry mouth, your mouth becomes a breeding ground for bacteria, thereby also causing bad breath.
- To avoid this from happening, follow a good dental routine at night that includes brushing, flossing and massaging the gums. You should also brush immediately as soon as you wake up in the morning.
Poor Oral Hygiene
- There are many of us who forget to brush our teeth once in a while, be it after a meal or even early in the morning after we wake up.
- Poor oral hygiene leads to bacteria buildup in the mouth that in turn causes bad breath.
- Do not neglect your teeth and gums at any cost. If you do, you’ll pay the price for it later.
- It is of no surprise to anyone that smoking gives you bad breath. The fact is that smoking encourages the entry of bacteria in the mouth.
- So why give more reasons for bacteria to deposit in your mouth, just quit smoking.
Underlying medical condition
- You might not know it but you might be suffering from some medical condition that is causing this bad breath. For example people who suffer from recurrent sinusitis suffer from bad breath.
- Do visit a doctor to get the right diagnosis of your condition.
- You need not know rocket science to figure this one out. Of course if you fill your mouth with stinky food like garlic and onions your mouth will stink too.
- The food that we consume sticks to our tongue, gums and teeth. Do wash your mouth after eating to get rid of the foul smell in your mouth.
Identify why you are suffering from bad breath and take steps to put an end to it.