All of us have suffered from food poisoning at one point or the other. They may have occurred after eating from any unhygienic restaurant or can be after eating something that we did not realize is spoilt.The experience leaves us drained after the repetitive vomiting and diarrhea.Instead of turning to the doctor, there are some remedies that can help put an end to your suffering. The best part is that these remedies have no side effects whatsoever and give you instant relief.
So if at all you get food poisoning again try one of the below mentioned remedies:
- Ginger-You may think that by eating ginger your stomach will burn more. But trust me this time and tested home remedy of eating a spoon of ginger will make that inflammation and pain in your tummy vanish into think air.
- Lemon-Lemon has anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties. Have a few teaspoons of lemon juice a day to kill that bacteria in your system that is causing the food poisoning.
- Honey-Like lemon, honey also has anti-bacterial properties. As a matter of facat if you are suffering from any food-borne diseases honey is your savior. You can either eat it directly or combine it with ginger or even dissolve it in your cup of black tea.
- Apple cider vinegar-Apple cider vinegar is alkaline in nature so it will help in killing all the infection causing bacteria and also aid in the digestion issues caused as a result of the food poisoning. Dissolve apple cider vinegar in water to enjoy that instant relief.
- Peppermint-You can have it in any form. Be it chewing gum, in tea or even candy. Peppermint is said to soothe the stomach that has contracted and also helps to release some of the gas that has formed in the stomach.What I’m about to tell you may sound crazy but you can try swallowing a few mouthfuls of peppermint toothpaste to cure that stomach issue.
- Basil-Basil provides relief for many ailments. If you have stomach or throat problems then basil can come to your rescue. Boil basil leaves in water. Consume that water and you’ll find the difference almost instantly.
- Fenugreek seeds-Fenugreek seeds help in reducing the gas formation in your stomach caused by food poisoning and also aids in digestion. Swallow a teaspoonful of seeds in the morning and your vomiting and diarrhea will reduce immediately.
- Banana-Banana is a fruit that is light on the stomach. This potassium rich fruit will help rid your system of all the ill-effects of the food poisoning.
- Oral rehydration solution-When you are suffering from food poisoning there is a lot of loss of water in the body as a result of the diarrhea and vomiting. So don’t forget to replace all that water lost in the body. Water will help flush out the bad in your system.If you are feeling totally drained, quickly mix a teaspoon of sugar and salt to a glass of water to restore the body’s lost salts.
- Apples-As the old saying rightly goes, ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’, if you eat an apple you can expect that burning sensation in your stomach and the pain to dissolve away.
Next time instead of rushing to the doctor when you’re suffering from food poisoning try these home remedies first.