Mosquito bites cause a lot of pain and in some cases a lot of harm. Mosquitoes are the carriers of a lot of diseases. Their bites can sting and leave behind swelling as well as cause a lot of itching.
Here are some natural remedies that can help soothe those mosquito bites:
- Honey- Honey is one ingredient that is bestowed with antibacterial and antiseptic properties. So it can actually help prevent the bite from getting infected.So if you feel the bite is out of proportion and stings too much, turn to this miracle of nature.
- Ice Pack- Apply an ice pack to the affected area to reduce any swelling. Ice also helps to numb the nerves of the affected areas to help prevent itching and also make you feel indifferent to pain.
- Aspirin- Do not pop them in your mouth. Instead crush them into a fine powder, m ix with a few teaspoons of water and apply to the skin.The anti-inflammatory properties of aspirin will take away the pain and the bites itself overnight.
- Rubbing Alcohol-Again when I mean alcohol, I mean the rubbing alcohol. Use a cotton swab to wipe rubbing alcohol on your skin. This action is said to prevent an infection and also reduce the itching sensations.
- Lemon Slices-Citrus fruits have anti-bacterial, anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. So don’t hesitate to rub a few slices of lemon onto your skin to reduce the itchiness, swelling and also prevent any infections to the area.
- Baking Soda-Make a paste of water and baking soda and apply to the affected bites. You will be surprised to see how this mixture draws the toxins or venom from the bite.
- Banana Peel-As crazy as this may sound, rubbing the inside of a banana peel on the mosquito bite will help reduce the inflammation and swelling.
- Toothpaste-It is said that applying toothpaste on a wound can help relieve the pain and swelling. The fact is that it’s not the peppermint in the toothpaste that causing the mosquitoes bites to subside; it is actually the sensations of the brains that are tricking you in to believing that.The brain can only register one sensation at a time. So when you experience the cooling sensation of the toothpaste, your brain fails to register the pain caused by the discomfort of the bites.
- Aloe Vera-Aloe Vera is generally used to treat sunburn. But that doesn’t stop it from reducing the pain, itching and inflammation caused by mosquitoes.
- Basil-Basil is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Make a paste of the same leaves and watch how it alleviates the pain and itching.
So the next time a mosquito bites you, use these home remedies to help heal the bites from home.