All of us love our French toast. Be it dunked in the various syrups or fried crisp on the griddle. It can be a great way to sneak in eggs to the diet of a kid who refuses to eat them.
Here are some tips to make this much loved breakfast dish healthier:
- Replace sugar with honey.
- Sprinkle on nuts and other healthy toppings like crunchy toasted coconut, ffigs etc
- Drizzle on some probiotic like hung curd.
- Top your pancakes with caramelized fruit.
- Try baking the bread instead of frying it on a pan.
- You can avoid sugar completely in French toast by making the savory version by adding salt, oregano and chili flakes to the eggs. You get your English breakfast with an Italian twist.
- Try making stuffed French toast. It’s almost like eating a sandwich.
- Use whole wheat or multi grain bread instead of white bread.
- Use only egg whites, as yellow is high in cholesterol.
Pancakes are something that everyone must know how to cook. They are healthy and can be eaten at any time of the day.It also happens to be the ideal way to get rid of your stale bread loaves.So get out your pan and start cooking French toast the healthy way and it’s definitely going to become a favorite option for your family for any meal.