The pros and cons of vegan and paleo diets will baffle you! Find why a Vegan+Paleo diet is called a Pegan diet, the myths and facts behind both diets now.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Vegan and Paleo Diets
Can vegans be paleo in terms of the food they eat? What is the major difference between vegan and paleo diets?
A vegan diet is one where you eat anything on earth that does not come from an animal per se. This includes complete abstinence from dairy products, chocolate, wine, beer, bread, candy, sugar, etc.
Advantages of Vegan Diet
- You can lose excess weight
- The diet pushes you into eating healthy
- Reduces the risk of heart rate
- Reduces cancer risk
- Improves sugar and pressure levels within a month
Disadvantages of Vegan Diet?
- You have to compensate for several nutritional deficiencies specifically.
- There will be an increased need for supplements that aren’t usually affordable.
- Eating out alone or along with company can become a tedious task if you don’t find proper restaurants while traveling.
- You can consume more carbohydrates than necessary.
- Undetected deficiencies can cause permanent damage to your neurons.
On the other hand, a paleo diet is inclusive of animal products and by-products. People on paleo diets should avoid processed food and consume products that are naturally available in their region. Frozen meat, vegetables, and fruits, and packaged dairy products, and grains should also be avoided in the process.
Advantages of Paleo Diet
- You can see the visible loss of stubborn fat near the waist and belly.
- Reduces mortality rate and supports graceful aging.
- Reduces insulin sensitivity, diastolic pressure, and blood glucose levels.
- Balances good and bad cholesterol
- Increases satiety and prevents you from binge eating
Disadvantages of Paleo Diet
- Similar to vegan diets paleo diets are also expensive in nature.
- There is a drastic loss of Vitamin D, calcium, and other nutrients that are only found in dairy products.
- Being athletic can become impossible to achieve.
- Vegetarians have to skip eating beans and this can affect many common recipes.
- There is a high risk of acquiring cancer, kidney, and heart diseases due to excessive consumption of protein and saturated fat.
What Is a Pegan Diet?
What Is the Difference Between Paleo and Vegan? The vegan diet excludes meat and dairy products, the Paleo diet excludes grains and legumes. A pegan diet is a combination of paleo and vegan diets. This diet includes all the food items that can be consumed under both diets but they should not be processed, frozen, or contain any preservative of sorts. From vegetables to meat everything should be organic in nature.
Both diets completely exclude food items that contain alcohol, salt, artificial sugar, oil, coffee, dairy products, and grains even if they are present in meager quantities.