In Sanskrit, the word “Man” means “Mind,” and the word “Tra” means “Release.” Mantra meditation is considered to be an ancient tantric ritual and cultural practice in India. It is now recognized as a modern way to improve one’s peace of mind and health. And there are so many different types of meditations. Here, we have gathered up the complete guide on mantra meditation and how it works and its benefits. Read on to discover them.
What is Mantra Meditation?
Mantra Meditation is a form of meditation where you use a mantra (sound, word, or phrase) to release your mind from stress, anxiety and an easier way to concentrate and bring your mind into the right state. Many people believe that reciting the mantra and meditation can help them stay focused, improves mental clarity, and provides peace of mind.
How to Do Mantra Meditation?
The main purpose of mantra meditation is to connect with your subconscious mind, and it is one of the best ways to achieve/ connect oneness with god. And the first step in Mantra meditation is to choose a mantra that is easy to pronounce. There are many types of mantras like deity mantras, healing mantras, chakra mantras, etc. After choosing your mantras, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Find a quiet place where it is comfortable for you to meditate without any disturbances.
- Decide how long you are going to meditate and set a timer accordingly.
- Start with a deep breath and pay close attention to your breathing as if it enters your lungs and fills your entire lungs.
- By continuing your breathing start chanting your mantras slowly or loudly according to your preferences.
- Match your mantras according to your breathing.
- Gently redirect your wandering thoughts and acknowledge your mantras again.
- Continue it until your timer goes off.
- When your timer goes off, don’t end it abruptly. Slowly relax your mind and body.
- Finally, check whether you can track the progress and continue it daily.
What Are the Benefits of Mantra Meditation?
There are so many different types of meditation. No matter what type of meditation you follow, you will gain the following benefits for every kind.
- Increased self-awareness
- Increased positive outlook
- Enhances positive attitude
- Improves your attention
- Improves your physical health
- Improves your mental health
The most important and special benefit of Mantra meditation is that it can reduce one’s stress, depression, and anxiety. Focused repetition of mantras helps soothe your body’s parasympathetic nervous system. This process is also known as autogenic training.
If you can’t find a way to meditate in the outside environment, you can also opt for online applications for meditation that can also provide you the benefits mentioned above.