Stress and anxiety are the major reasons for most of the problems we face. You cannot handle a problem if you do not have a clear mindset. You would have noticed that when you are anxious or stressed, you might not be able to think properly. It might make the situation hard to handle. Another important factor that leads to stress and anxiety is worrying about the future. Humans are the only living beings on earth who work for our future selves rather than concentrating on the current moment. This might be stressful and can cause anxiety.
Symptoms of Anxiety
These are some common signs of anxiety
- Feeling Nervous
- Breathing rapidly
- Having trouble focusing
What Are the Effects of Anxiety?
If you think anxiety is a mental problem and it has nothing to do with your health, then you are probably wrong. Anxiety and stress might lead to,
- Weak immune system
- cardiovascular diseases
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder(OCD)
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)
- Respiratory problems.
It can also lead to mental problems such as depression, insomnia, social isolation, etc.
How Can You Overcome Stress and Anxiety?
Every human faces anxiety and stress at some point in their lives. But if you do not know how to handle the situation and overcome anxiety, it causes additional mental and physical health issues.
One of the simplest yet most effective ways that allow you to overcome stress and anxiety is meditation. Some of you might already be practicing it and some of you might not be aware of what exactly meditation means. Meditation is nothing but a practice in which we use techniques such as mindfulness, focusing on a particular thing. The aim of practicing meditation every day is to reduce anxiety, stress, depression, and to promote peace and perception.
How to Meditate in the Right Way?
- If you are currently going through anxiety every day, you can take a break from the world, just stay at home for a day, and spend some time to start off your meditation. Try to have a clear mind like a clean slate.
- It is important that you sit in a place where you are comfortable and undisturbed. It would also be a great option to sit with nature during meditation like your garden, park, etc.
- No matter how hard or busy your day is, always find some time to meditate.
How Meditation Apps Can Help You?
If you are just beginning, you might not know to meditate in the right way. This is when you can take the help of meditation apps. There are many ways to meditate, but if you are a beginner you can just start off with basic meditation methods. Meditation apps come in different forms and offer different types of meditation. Here are a few important benefits of some of the best meditation apps.
There are free and paid apps available, if you are a beginner you can start off with free apps.
- Meditation apps provide guided meditations. For a beginner, guided meditation can be a great help. In guided meditation, one must meditate according to the guidance provided by the practitioner.
- If you are a spiritual person, there are several spiritual meditation apps available. These apps provide mantras and spiritual quotes in the background. This is best for those who desire for spiritual growth.
- Some apps also help you practice meditation with the help of science. It first analyses your heart rate variability and tells you how stressed or relaxed you are at the moment so that you can pick the right meditation for you.
- Some types of meditation apps also ask you how you feel currently. If you feel depressed or anxious, you can choose the meditation accordingly. If you are happy but you want to practice meditation on a daily basis, it offers different types of meditations.
- You can also set goals for the day so that the app can help you achieve your goals.
- It also tracks your meditation journey and progress so that you can see how much you have evolved in your journey.
- If you do not like to practice guided meditations, most of the meditation apps provide other types of meditations in which you can choose to play background sounds such as rain sound, waterfalls sound, birds chirping noise, etc.
Hence, if you have ever heard meditation apps do not work, it is a myth as it just depends on how much you can concentrate and focus all by yourself. Meditation apps can help you out but it is also important that you make the effort to follow a healthy lifestyle. Practicing yoga, exercising, eating healthy foods, having supportive relationships, developing a positive mindset, and practicing self-care are all a part of having a less anxious and stress-free lifestyle!