A lot of us suffer from dry and damaged nails. While for some this condition is hereditary, for others it is the result of a diet lacking essential nutrients or exposing them to excessive chemicals.
- Use nail polish remover sparingly-Nail polish remover strips the nail of all its essential oils. So try and use it only in emergencies.
- Massage-A massage is good to increase blood circulation that encourages your nails to grow longer and stronger. Use a lotion especially for the hands to massage those nails.
- Take supplements-Supplement your diet with multivitamins. If you are not getting essential vitamins and minerals in your diet then the only other alternative is the intake of supplements.
- Do not over use your nails-We all tend to do this whether it is to scrape off a sticker or even to open a tin can. Save these chores for other objects. Do not stress your nails.
- Wear gloves-Protect your hands and nails from damage by using gloves. Cleaning the house, gardening etc… can result in damage caused to our nails. The chemicals from dish washing liquid, mud from gardening etc… all take its toll on our nails. So cover up.
- Oil soak-Soak your nails in olive or almond oil. This helps in strengthening nails.
- Cuticle cream-Use a cuticle cream on your nails to help repair dry and brittle nails. Make sure you buy one that is enriched with Vitamin E.
- Eat biotin rich foods-Biotin helps in strengthening and thickening the nails. So if you want strong and healthy nails it is good to consume foods like avocado, eggs and cauliflower.
- Drink up-As always water is essential for the overall health of the body. The more we drink the better skin and hair we get, same goes with nails.
Now that you know the ways to repair your nails and bring them back to their healthy glory, try it out.