Pumpkin seeds are a perfect snack in the evenings. You can even eat them to control your other fatty food cravings. Some people consider it a part of tradition to roast the pumpkin seeds they get when they carve their pumpkins in Halloween.Pumpkin seeds can taste quiet bad if not roasted properly, because at the end of the day you eat them cause of the kick you get out of the crunch.
Here are some tips to ensure you get them just perfect:
- Separate all the yellow pumpkin from the seeds.
- Wash the seeds and allow them to air dry.
- Toss them in an oven in a moderately heated over (around 350 degrees) so that they don’t burn.
- Keep turning them over in the over so that all the sides get that even shade of golden.
- Sprinkle salt and flip so that the seeds get evenly coated with salt.
- You can add a bit of zing to the seeds by rubbing some chili paste over the seeds after its baked and adding them to the oven again so that the chili roasts with the pumpkin seeds properly. You can do the same with honey for those who have a sweet tooth.
Opt to eat pumpkin seeds as a snack as not only is they nutritious but they also keep you from eating all sorts of other junk food.
Written by: Rasha Ashraf