Most of us buy our yogurt from the department store. No one really takes the effort to make them though it can be made in a few simple steps.Yogurt is great for our health. They are natural sources of probiotics and rich in protein and other nutrients.
Make yogurt for your family at home with good quality ingredients
What we need:
- A pot – to boil the milk
- Milk – 1 liter
- Curd (made by natural culture method) – half teaspoon
- Boil the milk on the stove, till it comes to a boil.
- Allow the milk to cool.
- Add the half teaspoon of curd to the boiled milk.
- Leave outside overnight to set.
- Once the curd has set place it in the refrigerator until further use.
Points to remember:
- The lesser curd you add to the milk the thicker the curd becomes in texture.
- Full fat milk makes the yogurt more thick and creamy.
- If the room temperature is low or you are living in a cold region then the yogurt might take longer to set.
- For those who live in regions with no heat at all, use the oven with the lights on to set the temperature to a comfortable 110 degrees.
- You can even make yogurt using milk powder. Milk powder makes yogurt thick and creamy.
Don’t forget to leave behind a spoonful of yogurt for your next batch of homemade yogurt.