Masks have become a vital part of our lives due to the COVID-19 but many people do not exactly know why and how to wear masks safely. In this article, you will learn everything about masks and the right way to use face masks safely.
How to Wear Masks?
Step 1- Make sure to use a clean and well-dried mask.
Step 2– Check for any tears or holes on the mask before using it.
Step 3- Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds before you put on your mask.
Step 4- Wear it in a way that it covers your nose and mouth.
Step 5- Secure both the cords behind your ears.
Do’s of Wearing a Mask
- Use masks that are large enough to cover your nose and mouth.
- Even when you are maintaining social distancing, make sure to wear masks for additional safety.
- Do wash your hands only after you remove your mask.
Don’ts of Wearing a Mask
- Wet masks should be avoided as they have the tendency to easily attract germs and may also lead to a common cold.
- Try not to touch your masks as they may carry the germs.
- While you are removing your mask, use only the cords and do not touch other areas.
Usage of Appropriate Masks
- It is recommended to use N95 or surgical masks in case you are affected by COVID-19 or when you are around people who are affected by COVID-19.
- If you are not affected by COVID-19, it is advised to use cloth masks as there are critical supplies of N95 and surgical masks and that should be reserved for health workers.
Things to Note:
- You are not supposed to give your used masks to others or use other’s masks.
- After every use, wash your masks thoroughly with a disinfectant or with detergent.
- It is always safe not to wash your masks with other clothes.
- After washing, your masks should be well-dried in the sun in order to kill the left germs.
- Do not store your masks in a commonplace. Have a separate place to store your masks.
- It is always safe to carry 2 masks whenever you are out to use the other one in case of emergency.
- Disposable face masks should only be used once.
- Wash your mask as soon as you remove it. Do not keep it anywhere else as it might contaminate the place with germs.
- Do not touch your eye, nose, or mouth when removing your mask and wash your hands right after removing it.
Other Steps to Follow
We are currently in a situation where we are the only ones who can save our lives. They say prevention is better than cure and it is the only thing that can help us now. Currently, there is no appropriate vaccine or medicine for COVID-19. These are the few other steps to follow in order to prevent the spread.
- Maintain social distancing of 6 ft or above.
- Wash your hands before and after eating food with hand wash or soap.
- Sanitize your hands whenever possible.
- Try to use gloves if that does not interrupt your daily activities.
- Eat healthy foods in order to keep your immune system healthy.
- Once you are back home, take a bath and change your clothes.
These are some primary activities that one must follow to prevent COVID-19 infection. Other than all of these, one major thing to do is to stay strong. Always remember, THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Keeping your physical and mental space positive is the only possible thing to do to overcome this pandemic.