Painful, annoying mouth ulcers can pop up at anytime. They are painful sores that are white in color with a red color border. These shallow sores occur inside the mouth, on the walls on the gums, on the tongue, etc. Mouth ulcers are caused due to varied reasons like acidity, eating spicy food, constipation, deficiency of iron and vitamins, stress, excess heat in the body, etc. But the exact cause of them is unknown. Sometimes dental fixtures like braces or consuming foods that are highly acidic can cause mouth ulcers as well.
Luckily, it’s pretty simple to get rid of them on your own, using a number of home remedies. Here are some natural home remedies to get rid of mouth ulcers, but if the ulcers are really stubborn, you can always seek medical treatment.
- Yogurt: Applying it on the affected area helps in soothing the mouth in addition to combating bacteria responsible for the painful sores.
- Cloves: You could chew on a clove bud and direct the juice generated to the area where the ulcer is located. This effective remedy can numb the pain of mouth ulcers.
- Coconut milk: A little honey mixed with one tbsp of coconut milk can be applied directly on the shallow sores. Or, you could gargle your mouth using coconut milk, which soothes ulcers effectively.
- Aloe Vera: Another natural remedy for mouth ulcers includes the application of edible aloe Vera gel over the affected area, at least thrice a day. You can also consume aloe Vera gel to treat your ulcers from within.
- Basil Leaves: Crush a few basil leaves with some water. Make a thick paste out of it and apply it on the affected area to get immediate relief. Or, just chew on a few leaves of basil, as it comes with the anti-inflammatory properties that can treat ulcers.
- Hot and Cold Water: Using cold water and hot water alternately to gargle your mouth can help in easing away the inflammation, thus reducing mouth ulcers to a considerable extent.
- Fenugreek Seeds: Boil a few fenugreek seeds in water, strain the juice and gargle your mouth with it, this home remedy is also very effective in treating mouth ulcers.
- Coriander Leaves: Yet another natural remedy for mouth ulcers includes boiling clean coriander leaves in water and gargling your mouth with the juice obtained, in order to heal the infection.