Psychologists say that men fall for what they see and women fall for what they hear. This is true, women fall for so many lies from cosmetics to life, everything revolves around lies and false promises most of the time!
Here are 11 tested DIY masks for every skin type regardless of the climatic conditions in your place. Choose your favorite to cleanse your face in the most natural way possible.
Face Mask for Sensitive Skin
Does your skin break out with acne, rashes, or itch constantly after you introduce it to new products? Here are a few face masks that can help you soothe these burns and rashes without adding fuel to fire.
1. Oatmeal Face Mask
- Pour about ½ of hot water (not boiling) into a bowl of ⅓ cup of oatmeal.
- Let it sit for 2-3 minutes
- Add 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt, 1bs of honey, and 1 egg white
- Mix until there are no lumps and apply
- Wash with mild soap after 10-15 minutes
2. Aloe Face Mask
- Clean the aloe pulp thoroughly with water
- Grind and strain it completely and apply
- You can wash it after 10 minutes or let it stay the entire day
Face Mask for Dry Skin
Dry skin can be a pest, especially in winter. Apart from the constant need to apply moisturizer there are face masks that can help you battle dryness.
1. Egg Face Mask
- Beat one egg in a bowl
- Add few drops of lemon and apply
- Wash it off with soap and lukewarm water after 30 minutes
Note: Use only egg yolks if you have really dried skin for better results
2. Milk/Yogurt/Mayonnaise Face Mask
- Slather heavy cream milk/ yogurt/ egg mayonnaise
- Let it sit for 20-30 minutes
- Wash it off with cold or lukewarm water
- Use soap only if necessary
Note: You can also use a face mask made of milk powder and water.
Face Mask for Oily Skin
Do you have enough oil on your skin to fry french fries? Does oil accumulate around your nose and eyes? Try these oil control face masks for the best results.
1. Vinegar Face Mask
- Mix ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar with water and apply
- Rinse of with water
2. Lemon Face Mask
- Take ½ a cup of lemon extract
- Add 1 tablespoon of honey and apply
- Rinse with warm water after 15 minutes
Face Mask For Normal Skin
Normal-skinned women are scarce. You have the huge responsibility of passing these awesome genes for generations to come. Here are facial masks made of fruits and everything nice.
1. Fruit Mask
- Choose a fruit of your choice and mash it without thoroughly (Usually avocados, strawberries, or bananas)
- Add 1bs plain yogurt or ¼ cup whipping cream and apply
- Let it sit for 20-30 minutes
- Wash with lukewarm water and mild soap
Face Mask For Combination Skin
You have combination skin if your face fluctuates between being dry and oily. You wake up with dry skin in the morning and slowly get oily by the evening. Check out this combination mask to keep you fresh all day long:
1. Mustard Face Mask
- Apply a paste of ground mild mustard seeds and water
- Let it sit for 15 minutes
- Wash with warm water and mild soap
2. Yeast Face Mask
- Add 0.25 ounce of yeast in 2 teaspoons of water
- Mix well until it forms a paste
- Add a few drops of lemon juice and apply
- Wash after 10-15 minutes with soap and warm water
Face Mask For Men
Men need to be groomed too. Choose a face mask from the above list based on your skin type because your skin is as important as a woman’s skin. Let them glow and let them stay healthy.
For the ladies and gentlemen who don’t have the time nor the patience try this universal face mask
- For Normal/ Dry /Sensitive Skin– Mix 2 tablespoons of coconut oil, 1 tablespoon of aloe water, and 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder. Wash it off after 10-15 minutes in lukewarm water.
- For Oily/Combination Skin – Use the same face mask but add only 1 teaspoon of coconut oil.
- Face mask residue can clog your sink so make sure you install a strainer before you wash it off.
- Removing dried masks from your hair, eyebrows, eyelashes, mustache, or beard can be really painful.