People treat Google as a doctor, and many go a step ahead by trusting Google more than doctors. Most of us google the symptoms and self-diagnosis before consulting a physician. Research says nearly 72% of internet users search for health-related information online. Before the year ends, take a peek at what people asked google doctor this year. Here we’ve clubbed the top 10 googled health questions 2021 and most popular health trends 2021.
Most Popular Health Trends 2021
Before jumping into the most googled health-related questions. Get to know the most popular health trends that emerged in 2021.
- Telemedicine– Diagnosing and treating patients through video/phone calls, emails, mobile apps is telemedicine. Telemedicine was popular during the pandemic.
- Artificial intelligence– Artificial intelligence is in recent trends and used everywhere. Faster and upgraded health care is the main motto of Artificial intelligence.
- Nanomedicine- Nanomedicine is the application of nanomedicine to address healthcare problems. It offers unique advantages to treat diseases.
- Cloud computing– You can easily share health care data across the world during cloud computing. Cloud computing eliminates the delay in the treatment.
- Genomics– Genomics helps to effectively diagnose, so patients can get personalized treatments. It is also used as a screening tool.
Top 10 Googled Health Questions in 2021
Google recently released its annual ‘year in search’ list. According to the list, here are the top health questions searched in Google.
What is RSV?
Respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) is a common and very contagious virus that infects the respiratory tract of children. It causes cold-like symptoms such as runny nose, sneezing, wheezing, and coughing.
How Many Calories Should I Eat?
The number of calories you should eat depends on your age, sex, height, weight, and physical activity. However, a woman should not eat less than 1200 calories per day and men no less than 1,500 calories per day.
Why Am I Always Tired?
There are plenty of possible reasons for your tiredness. Your tiredness may be related to lifestyle, anemia, sleep deprivation, thyroid problems, and other health issues.
What Causes High Blood Pressure?
Nearly half of American adults have high blood pressure, one of the leading causes of heart disease. Unhealthy lifestyles, diabetes, obesity, heredity are some causes of high blood pressure.
How to Lower Blood Pressure?
Hypertension causes millions of deaths in the United States. It can be treated with medications and lifestyle changes.
What Causes Kidney Stones?
Drinking little water, obesity, an inactive lifestyle, eating foods with too much salt or sugar are some causes of kidney stones.
How to Relieve Constipation?
Constipation is common among all ages, about 16 out of 100 adults in the United States have the symptoms of constipation. Drinking more water, avoiding caffeine, and eating high fiber content are some ways to relieve constipation.
How to Get Rid of Hiccups?
Mostly hiccups will go away on their own. If it lasts longer than usual, do follow these remedies
- Drink a glass of water
- Bite a lemon
- Gargle with water
- Use smelling salts
What Causes Hiccups?
Hiccups are caused by involuntary contractions of your diaphragm. Over-exciting, eating or drinking too fast, drinking carbonated beverages, or too much alcohol are some reasons for hiccups.
Is Pneumonia Contagious?
Yes, pneumonia is contagious, but not all types of pneumonia are contagious. Pneumonia caused by bacteria or viruses can be contagious.
Apart from these top searched health issues, COVID-19 related health questions were also in the list of most searched health topics on google.