Exercise is an essential activity for both men and women. Both since women differ from men physically and also in terms of functionality, there are some exercises that are beneficial mainly to women.
Here are some exercises that help keep us women fit and going. The best part is that these exercises will take only 15-20 minutes of your time daily
Climbing stairs-To keep our knees healthy and fit, with the added benefit of losing weight, climbing stairs are essential.
Toe raises and leg raises-Leg muscles need strengthening, especially if we abuse our feet by wearing high heeled shoes all day long.
- Stand on a chair and lift your entire body using only your toes. Repeat 15 times.
- Sit on a chair or lie on the ground and raise your legs upwards and downwards.
Arm raise and swings-Tone the muscles in your arms by giving a special workout for your arms, the best being arm raises and swings.
- Lie on a bench. Lift dumbbells of equal weights in both hands. Raise one hand over the head with the other hand down at the other end. Now move both hands in the opposite directions. Repeat 15- 20 times.
- Stand with your legs slightly apart. Carry dumbbells in each hand. Raise both your arms straight, at the same time till the shoulder level and bring down.
Push-ups-Push-ups help in strengthening the core muscles, especially of the back.
- Place your hands on the floor with the body straight looking down and your body support on the toes.
- Lift your body up and down, remembering to keep your back straight at all times.
Claw stretch-We do a lot of work with our hands, from office work to changing dirty diapers of our little ones. Relax those muscles in your hands by clenching like a claw and releasing. Repeat several times.
Tummy twist-Stand with legs wide apart and twist your stomach by moving your upper body slowly from left to right. For this exercise to have any benefit on your muscles you should remember to do it slowly. You can even do this exercise by seating yourself cross legged on the floor.
Back exercise-Sit on a stool and bring your shoulder blades together from the back. Stretch as much as you can and repeat. This relaxes your back and helps you unwind, without giving room for backaches to occur.
Kegel-This is the most important exercise for women. Kegel exercises help in tightening those pelvic area muscles. To so this exercise you must first figure out how to control your pelvic muscles. Contract and release several times while lying down or standing up straight.Kegels also help in strengthening your bladder and the muscles in your total control.
So all you women out there, work out, feel good and stay fit because as the old saying goes ‘Health is Wealth’.