Are you fed up of having to do separate sets of exercises for the arms and then for the legs? Normally we tend to separately work out on the upper and lower sections of our body.
Here are a set of exercises that tone not just your legs but also your arms.
Jumping Jacks with Overhead Dumbbell Press
- Hold a 3 to 5 pound dumbbell in each hand and keep your feet together. Raise your hands, with your palms facing forward.
- Jump apart and at the same time don’t forget to raise your arms in a ‘v’ shape and back again. Repeat this exercise 12-15 times.
Curtsey lunges with bicep curls
- Hold dumbbells weighing 3 to 5 pounds in each arm with the arm facing your body. Keep both your feet together. Then take one of your feet back diagonally behind you while keeping your knee before your toes and your shoulder on top of your hips and doing the bicep curl at the same time.
- Repeat on the alternate side using the other leg, again doing the bicep curl simultaneously.
Lunges and triceps pulses
- Stand with both your feet together and hold a set of 3 to 5 pound dumbbells in your hands. Take one foot backwards horizontally without having your knees going beyond the toes. Lift your arms with the dumbbells over your head, holding your palms together with the palms facing your ears at a 90 degree angle, parallel to your shoulders.
- Keep your shoulders directly over your hips, bend your knees or lower them a few inches along with lowering the dumbbells at the same time. Repeat using alternate legs.
Squat press and twist
- Spread your legs to the shoulder width with dumbbells in each hand. Keep your hands at shoulder level, with the palms facing your ears.
- Squat your body till the knee level and in the same motion twist to either side along with lifting your dumbbells high in the air. Turn back to the center along with lowering your arms. Repeat on both sides.
Superman to shoulder pull back
- Lie on the floor on your stomach keeping your hands straight above your head. Hold the gym ball between the ankles.
- Gently lift your head and arms and bring your arms to either side by squeezing your shoulder blades and bringing your elbows towards your sides. At the same time you should be holding the gym ball up in the air simultaneously while you lift your arms off the ground.
So if you want to feel the burn everyday instead of different days of the week, work out the entire body with these simple exercises.
Written by: Rasha Ashraf