What Is a Coronavirus?
Coronavirus disease was first identified in the 1960s. The name was given by the crown-like shape on the surface of the virus. It is found in animals and can be transmitted from animals to humans. The disease usually spreads through respiratory droplets.
This virus has to be taken seriously because the death count is rising each day. Till now China has reported 74,675 cases and more than 2,121 deaths to the WHO. Other countries are also reporting about the death tolls of the disease.
“Prevention Is Better Than Cure”
Currently, there aren’t any vaccines to prevent Coronavirus disease. But you may be able to reduce the risk of spreading or getting the infection by following a few prevention methods.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your face, eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with elbow or tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid the consumption of raw or uncooked animal products.
If you are traveling to an area where the Wuhan Coronavirus disease is present or to any place in China, speak with your doctor first and ask for their advice.
What Are the Treatments for Coronavirus Infections?
There are no specific antiviral treatments for Coronavirus infection. People who are affected by Coronavirus need supportive care to help relieve symptoms.
- Drink plenty of water and take enough rest.
- Take a hot shower to ease sore throat and cough.
- Can take prescribed pain or fever medication.
- Do not give cough medicine to children under four.
“Disease can rarely be eliminated through early diagnosis or good treatment, but prevention can eliminate the disease.”