A gorgeous grin lights up your day and make everything seem so alive. We are quite obsessed with having a bright smile. Do we take efforts to have a healthy smile? Do you know your oral problems have a direct impact on the organs of the body? Yes, taking extra care for your teeth will save your life.
RELATIONSHIP….WHAT IT REVEALS?
Oral hygiene is what we talk about all day. But when you fail to maintain the hygiene it could cause you respiratory issues such as bronchitis because of increased amounts of oropharyngeal flora (bacteria) in the mouth.
Poor oral hygiene can also encourage the growth of blood-borne bacteria that can enter circulatory system in pregnant women that could lead to premature births and low birth weights.
If you are a person who brushes your teeth for the sake of brushing then you are likely to develop periodontitis. Gradual accumulation of periodontal bacteria could cause periodontitis, which is the inflammation of the gum at the necks of the teeth. Don’t worry this is fairly preventable!
Bad breath, however it’s the dietary factor that causes this humiliating minutes. It is a pathogen called porpphyromonas gingivalis that causes bad breath .Studies find that this pathogen contribute to pancreatic cancer.
We have separated dental care from medical care. It’s natural that we assume dental health has nothing to do with the health of your body. To know how teeth and body are integral to each other, check this out……
- The four front teeth (Incisors) are related to the sinus and kidneys or urinary bladder.
- The sharper teeth on either side (canines) connect straight to the eyes and liver. Lower canine teeth represent circulatory system problem.
- The grinding teeth at the back (molar),specifically,upper molars are related to pancreas and lower molars are related to lungs or bowel dysfunctions.
- The teeth that appears in your twenties (wisdom) are related to heart.
When a tooth suffers damage, the corresponding body organ might suffer as well. Similarly when a body organ suffers, it causes pain and suffering in corresponding tooth. Next time if you go through any pain in tooth then it’s time to ride to your doctor.
Hygiene routine you shouldn’t miss
- Brushing twice a day
- Flossing – Always before brushing to remove the plaque.
- Choosing the right toothpaste – Fluoride toothpaste. Fluorides prevent tooth decay
- Rinse your mouth with mouthwash
- Regular dental cleanings
Cool truth about your tooth
- When everything changes smart, your toothbrush too can. Smart toothbrushes have sensors that send information about your brushing habit to your phone.
- Teeth start to form before we are born
- Wisdom teeth are called so because they come in when you are older and wise
- We produce 10,000 gallons of saliva in a lifetime which helps prevent tooth from decay by moving the food away from teeth.
- One-quarter of adults in the US have lost all their teeth.
- Tooth decay is the second most common disease after cold
Let’s take good care to balance the ratio of oral and overall health. Make your smile to sparkle with all health and shine.