The benefits of ginger for diabetes are many. Ginger root is a common spice in Asian countries. Their people use it in their daily cooking. There is a misconception that ginger is the root part of the plant which is not true. It is actually a false stem that grows under the soil. The medicinal benefits of ginger for diabetes are quite a lot. What we know is that it has anti-inflammatory properties and is a powerful antioxidant. Ginger can cure just about any sickness from an upset stomach to a common cold. It is an effective home remedy for many illnesses. But what we don’t know is that ginger actually can aid in controlling your blood sugar levels. Let us see how.
Benefits of Ginger for Diabetes
A recent study shows that ginger has anti-diabetic properties. Ginger is proven to reduce the sugar levels by 12% especially in people with type 2 diabetes.
These are the protein and organic compound markers used to measure blood sugar. There is an increased level of these components in people with diabetes. In a study conducted in 2015 researchers administered ginger powder to a small group of people with type 2 diabetes for a period of time. The result was amazing; their fasting blood sugar level decreased up to 12% which is a breakthrough discovery in diabetes treatment. The benefits of ginger for diabetes include the prevention of health complications due to diabetes.
How Ginger Helps to Control Diabetes
- Ginger increases Insulin levels in the body.
- It helps to regulate Insulin response which metabolizes the sugar faster.
Benefits of Ginger for Other Illnesses Related to Diabetes
- Ginger helps to reduce weight and control weight gain. This, in turn, reduces blood glucose levels.
- Regular intake of ginger protects your heart from complications that can occur due to diabetes.
- Anti-inflammatory properties of ginger cure rashes, sores, and wounds that won’t heal quickly in people with diabetes.
- Its anti-bacterial and anti-fungal effects protect diabetes patients from infections.