In the winter our skin dries out a lot. It is in this climate that we should take more care of our skin. As a matter of fact even the heaters we use in winter take its toll on our faces and dry it up.
Here are some ways to keep our skin moist, smooth and supple even in these harsh months of winter:
- Limit the use of face wash-In the summer we need to wash our faces frequently to get rid of all the oil and grime. But in winter, limit the use of face wash as it can dry out your skin in the already dry climate.
- Switch over to moisture based makeup-Use makeup that contains moisturizing creams and oil. Avoid using powder makeup and instead use cream based makeup.
- Moisturize at least twice a day-Moisturize not only your face but your body also. Moisturizing helps in maintaining the oils in the skin and keep it hydrated.
- Avoid hot showers-It might feel great to take a hot shower in the cold. But make sure the water is not too hot and you don’t spend too much time in the hot water, as it can strip the moisture from your skin. The heat from the shower causes the moisture to evaporate.
- Humidify-We all use heaters in winter. What we fail to realize is that this heat from heaters dry out our skin, especially since we lock every possible source of fresh air because of the cold.Use a humidifier to add some moisture in the air.
- Don’t forget your hands and feet-During the winter, the parts of our body get extremely dry are our hands and feet, especially since we expose them to the air the most after our faces.Use a special one that is meant for hand and feet as the regular lotions need to be reapplied every now and then.
- Use a moisturizing body wash-If you are the lazy kinds and hate applying too much body lotions, use a moisturizing body wash instead.
Lock that moisture in your skin by adopting these practices for your skin.