Hair loss comes hand in with stress and change in lifestyle but do these hair loss cures really work in reality? Find every detail that matters now.
The stages of hair growth are divided into three:
- Anagen– Hair follicles open out to form a new shaft. It lasts anywhere from 2-6 years. Most of your scalp is currently in this stage.
- Catagen– The hair stops growing and the roots attach themselves to the hair firmly. This stage lasts a couple of weeks and 3% of your scalp is currently in this stage.
- Telogen– This is the last stage where old hair falls out. This stage lasts for a couple of months and 10%-15% of your scalp is experiencing this at present.
Why Is My Hair Falling Out?
Not everybody’s hair fall is the same. It is important to find out the reason for your hair loss to find a cure. You can track changes in your routine or get professional help if you are experiencing uncontrollable hair fall. Find why most people experience hair loss below.
What Causes Hair Loss?
The average person loses around 80-100 strands of hair per day and grows around half an inch of hair every month. Doctors suggest that hair shedding can occur due to several reasons. An individual is diagnosed with hair loss only if there isn’t growth at all. The different types of hair loss are:
- Male or female pattern baldness– Baldness that spreads in a specific pattern.
- Alopecia areata- Hair falls in circular patterns in layers
- Telogen effluvium– Trauma or stress causes mature hair to fall immediately
- Anagen effluvium– Hair falls out during the first stage of growth
Reasons for Hair Loss
The common reasons for hair loss are:
- Hormonal changes
- Lifestyle changes
- Climate change
Sign of Hair Loss
The common signs of thinning hair are:
- Hair thinning on the top, front or side
- Widening partitions
- Patchy baldness
- hair fall throughout the body
- Zero growth of new hair
Sudden Hair Loss Cause
Your poor diet and unhealthy hair wash routines could be possible causes of hair falling out.
- Following a restrictive diet or junk food could damage your hair follicles highly. The necessary hair loss vitamins can be found in carrots, green peas, walnuts, shrimp, eggs, oats, and low-fat dairy.
- There are no specific routines for washing hair. Dermatologists recommend washing hair whenever it gets too oily or flaky. The golden rule is to apply shampoo on the scalp and conditioner on the hair.
Hair Loss Treatment
What is the ultimate hair loss cure? Hair loss remedies differ from person to person depending on the cause of hair fall.
- Cutting hair may get rid of split ends but not the reason that caused the split ends. Reevaluating your hair care regimes with the best hair loss shampoo is the best way to treat.
- Dermatologists suggest hair fall routines and shampoos after analyzing the cause of hair fall. Sometimes delayed treatment can cause permanent damage.
- Reducing stress, practising meditation and a healthy lifestyle by avoiding smoking, drinking, and the consumption of other toxic substances will prevent further damage.
- The FDA approves Rogaine (topical minoxidil) and Propecia (finasteride) for pattern baldness.
- Aloe vera, yoghurt, banana packs as a hair loss cure will benefit only if the damage pertains to unhealthy wash care routines and poor nourishment.
- You can also opt for a change in medication for your ailments because long-term consumption of certain medications can induce hair fall.
- Pregnancy hair loss will resolve by itself within a year or two with supplementary vitamins.
- Hair damage caused by dandruff, PCOS, PCOD, cancer treatment, etc. will resolve only if the ailment is cured. You can prevent further loss by consuming supplements and following a healthy lifestyle.